7 Reasons Why Water Is So Important In A Fat Reducing Programme
There is a vital connection between drinking water and fat loss. A sufficient supply of water keeps fat away. Incredible as it may seem, water is possibly the most important factor in losing weight and keeping it off.
The 7 reasons being:
1. It is believed that when we metabolize or burn 16 ounces/454g of fat, our body generates 22 ounces/624g of water, which - surprisingly - must be flushed out by drinking water. By drinking to little water, the body feels threatened and enters a self-protection mode and will hang on to every molecule of water in the body resulting in fluid retention and no weight loss on the scale.
2. Water can suppress the appetite naturally and helps the body metabolize stored fat. By drinking water and correcting fluid retention more fat is used as fuel because the liver is free to metabolize fat at an accelerated speed.
3. The kidneys cannot function properly without enough water. If the kidneys do not work to capacity, some of their load is dumped on the liver, resulting in less fat being metabolized.
4. Water wash out by-products of metabolism, prevents an accumulation of body and drug/chemically induced toxins, it helps in maintaining all normal body functions such as temperature control, electrolyte balance and the prevention of constipation. Ample water is also important in preventing sagging skin during fat loss. An overweight person needs more water than a thin person, because they have larger metabolic loads. Since we know that water is the key to fat metabolism, drinking water is essential to weight loss and maintaining good health during the stress of dieting.
5. Unless you have a sodium (salt) related problem, you cannot drink to much water!
6. Dieters should keep in mind that they normally receive a large portion of their water needs through their food, which can be 70 - 90%. While dieting the food intake is reduced and thus the person is not getting their normal water supply, let alone the extra water needed to flush out the metabolic by-products. This results in a hidden hunger in dieters as the body is craving food for it's water content, but the person also ends up with calories contained in the food.
7. Water is essential to keep skin healthy. If the body can't get rid of the by-products of metabolized fat via kidney excretion, the skin is called upon to excrete these by-products. Your skins elasticity is also greatly influenced by you water intake. The rule of drinking 6 -8 glasses of water per day is only a guide. How can a person weighing a mere 90 pounds and a person weighing 250 pounds both need the same amount of water? What about the differences in their activity level or even the climate?
Therefore the following two formulas can be used to calculate your water needs, taking into consideration your weight, the climate and the fact that you train or not.
Non active people: Your ideal weight in pounds(Y) = Y x 0.55 = x 0.029 = Liters per day.
Active people: Your ideal weight in pounds(Y) = Y x 0.66 = ? x0.029 = Liters per day.
For more information on health, fitness and well being please visit our site http://thapsia.allinonehealth.com