How To Get Rid Of Stomach FatBy Art Graham
One of the great tragedies of life is that we store excess calories as fat. This means if we indulge, we bulge. That's problematic for a lot of us who sit down all day in the office, eat because we're depressed or have such a hectic life that we have to eat out all the time.
But there are a lot of things we can do to help ourselves. Here are 6 things you can do to get rid of stomach fat.
1. Change your eating habits. Having desserts with every meal, the mid afternoon candy break, the nightly soda and the french fries aren't helping very much. The good news is that you can begin to cut out a lot of bad food habits slowly and within a few months (if you do it right) you'll consume way fewer calories and you won't even miss them. It is important to mention, though, that you should replace one for one, so that psychologically you won't feel as if you should be hungry. In other words, if you cut out your afternoon candy bar, then replace it with an apple or two. If you cut out one soda in the morning, then replace it with a glass or two of water. For everything you cut out, replace it with something natural and nutritious.
2. Drink water. Drink a lot of water. Yes, I know. You don't like the taste of water. Well, you didn't like the taste of coffee, either. You didn't like the first beer you had either, but you got used to it and now you love it. If you don't like water, add lemon. But, its vital for your body and your health that you drink a lot of water.
3. Eat whole grains. Yes, I know. Whole wheat bread just isn't as tasty as white bread. But try. You can get used to anything. Whole grains aid in digestion, keeping you regular, helping prevent cancer and provide essential vitamins and minerals. White bread just can't compete.
4. Switch to skim milk. Yes, I know. It tastes like white water. The truth is, once you switch and get used to it, you can't go back to whole milk.
5. Eat lots of natural, non-processed foods. Eat nuts, avocados, fruits, tomatoes, vegetables, lean (preferably organic) meats, fish, and good oils (think Olive Oil). Once you get used to the idea that you can eat real food, instead of some two minute microwavable tv dinner, you will discover that it tastes much better and it makes you feel better.
6. Exercise. The good news is that you don't have to do a billion sit ups or crunches to lose the stomach fat. The bad news is that you do have to exercise. If you haven't exercised in a long time, then start of slowly, but move every day. You want to change your lifestyle from being sedentary to one of being active. Also, you really should begin a weight training regimen. 'Why', you ask? Because weights exercise all your major muscle groups...your back, chest, legs and shoulders. When you exercise your major muscle groups you burn fat much faster and you have the added benefit of developing a beautiful body that is well proportioned. Now who doesn't want that?
If you're interested in taking your fat-loss efforts to an entirely new level, go to the following site and grab a free fat loss report which details 27 unique methods for boosting your metabolism and losing belly fat - http://www.abs-truth.com